Before you can get this pet you have to make a delicious food Ice Scrabbler Jerky that not even a tauntaun can resist. After eating this food you will get a Jerky buff, a special buff you need to see Taunlet. Here is a full guide with screenshots on how to get Taunlet Pet. We would like to thank Jenemi @ SWTOR forums for making a great post Tauntaun Hoth Mystery.
HOW TO GET THE ICE SCRABBLER JERKY FOOD?
There are three ways to get this food:
- You can buy it at Galactic Trade Network (the price is from 100,000 ~ 200,000)
- You can make it from Ice Scrabbler Jerky Schematic
- You can get it as a monster drop (it’s a rare drop usually from the world bosses)
HOW TO GET THE ICE SCRABBLER JERKY SCHEMATIC?
If you decided to make the Ice Scrabbler Jerky food you have to obtain the Ice Scrabbler Jerky Schematic which requires Biochem 300. This schematic is dropped by:
- The final boss Commander LK Graagth from Hard Mode Kaon Under Siege.
- Snowblind drops both the schematic and the jerky food – (Hoth)
- Gargath – (Hoth)
- Primal Destroyer – (Belsavis)
You can also get the schematic by Reverse Engineering the Jerky food itself, but only the food that is dropped by mobs. You can not get the schematic by Reverse Engineering the food crafted by others.
The components you need for the Ice Scrabbler Jerky Schematic are:
- Cosmic Trace Particle
- Inert Virus
- Ice Scrabbler Liver (it’s a world drop, the best planets to farm it are Hoth and Ilum)
- Pickled Space Worm
- Ice Fern
HOW TO GET THE TAUNLET PET?
Before you go straight to the Hoth you have to buy NVSCSS, so far we know that vendor Lain-Ricie sells it on Alderan located at 1867, 1088 (south of Tarlarn Outpost).
The Taunlet pet can be capture on Hoth – Glacial Fissure – South-East part on the map (X:817, Y:694, Z:-71). Activate the Ice Scrabbler Jerky buff, wait a few seconds and Taunlet will spawn. Your last step is to catch the Taunlet with NVSCCS, but you have to be quick (you can be on your speeder).