Yesterday, I spotted on reddit an interesting post about upcoming ship models. According to swtor_miner, a skillful data miner, the latest PTS Patch Notes added a huge number of SSSP-related files to the game. Important note: All information and screenshots are speculations and maybe will not be implemented with SWTOR Update 2.4.
In the list below you can read some highlights and observations what Super Secret Space Project might consist of:
- Free Flight – Featuring gameplay that’s a mixture of passive, active, and defensive combat abilities with several types of resource management.
- Multiple Modes of Group vs Group Space PvP – Looks like there’s several objective maps, and modes of play. (which you can solo/group queue for)
- Tiered advancement to unlock different Space combat upgrade items to use in your new fighter/bomber ship’s loadout. Notes: This is not with your class ship, and once you’ve unlocked all the upgrades it appears everyone will be on the same gear-level, and it will be a more skill/build-based PvP system.
- New Ships
- Imperial Bomber Variants
- Imperial Gunship Variants
- Imperial Infiltrator Variants
- Imperial Scout Variants
- Imperial Striker Variants
- Republic Bomber Variants
- Republic Gunship Variants
- Republic Infiltrator Variants
- Republic Scout Variants
- Republic Striker Variants
- Ship-only talent trees/abilities
- Ship/Fleet XP – It looks like the SSSP will bring it’s own advancement system.
- Eight New Space Companions (4 per Faction) – Looks like these will be crew on your new Space fighters. They seem to have individual traits and skills. Though each one of your Class’s companions will be able to assist you.
Imperial SPvP Companions:
- Aven Geth
- Salana Rok
- Writch Hurley
Republic SPvP Companions:
- Kendra Novar
- Oro Wogawa